Now offering acupuncture services in Ottawa’s east end!
Acupuncture and other Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) treatment methods are an effective addition to your current health regimen. Other TCM modalities include cupping, gua sha, moxibustion (uses heat), and electric stimulation, but are not limited to these.
Chronic illness is very complex. In order to treat chronic illness, different aspects of your health need to be addressed. The parts of your health that you’re ready to target will differ from the next person. I work with you to figure out where you want to begin. Aspects that may seem daunting now may become easier to treat as we progress.
Treatments vary in length, normally lasting between 20 and 40 minutes, depending on techniques used. I choose the technique that your body needs the most that day based on our progress discussion at the beginning of the session. It will change from one treatment to the next.
You should budget up to 75 minutes for an initial assessment, and up to 60 minutes for a follow-up. If you have time constraints, mention it at the beginning of your appointment. I will do my best to accommodate you while making sure you still have a complete treatment.
The number of treatments needed will depend on many different factors. We will discuss a plan during your first visit. I like to give recommendations that you can do between appointments to feel better, as well. Doing these recommendations will also help reduce the frequency of appointments needed.
If you feel that you would benefit from a TCM approach but are uncomfortable with needles, let’s chat. You can book a 15-Minute Discovery Session at no charge so that we can discuss other options. While treatment modalities do often include acupuncture needling, other options exist.
Areas of focus
- Menstrual issues such as Endometriosis, PCOS, and PMS
- Digestive concerns such as IBS, IBD, and food sensitivities
- Chronic illness
- Pediatric care for allergies, rashes, and asthma
Acupuncture services offered
15-Minute Discovery Session – No charge
- Find out if acupuncture is the right next step for you
- Meet and greet to make sure we’re a good fit
Acupuncture initial assessment – $145
- In depth assessment of your health history and main health concerns
- Includes your first treatment
- Recommendations you can implement at home to help you feel better between appointments and reduce appointment frequency
Acupuncture follow-up – $70
- Quick progress discussion at the beginning of the appointment to make sure treatments are best catered to your needs
- Acupuncture treatment
- Recommendations you can implement at home
Book your appointment online:
Or get in touch with the clinic:
Livewell Myofascial Release
2122B Montreal Rd
Ottawa ON K1J 6M7