It’s no secret that nutrition is an important aspect of remaining healthy. But if you experience chronic health conditions, it’s especially important to tackle your diet.
For these changes to be effective and applicable in the long run, they have to take into account your personal tastes, your comfort in the kitchen, and most importantly, your schedule.
You can spend a lot of time on the internet, trying to make sense of all the contradictory information, and browsing recipes for hours on end, trying to find something that works for you. Or, you can let me take care of that for you. It will save you a lot of time and pain, but also a lot of trial and error.
In addition to addressing your dietary intake, we will tackle your lifestyle. Together, we’ll come up with strategies to reduce your stress load, since that’s a crucial part of finding your health again.
But most importantly, the aim of holistic nutrition is to improve your health long term. While part of the goal is to help you feel better right away, we want to make sure you leave with the tools to make healthy decisions in the long run.
What does holistic nutrition address?
Holistic nutrition is useful for a wide variety of chronic conditions. My main areas of focus include:
- PMS, PCOS, Endometriosis, and other menstrual issues
- IBS, SIBO, and food sensitivities
- Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and other types of IBD
- Safe weight loss
Other health concerns are welcome too! If you have any doubts, please don’t hesitate to schedule a Discovery Session at no charge. If anything is outside of my expertise, I will refer you to practitioners who are better suited to help you.
Why book a package?
There are many reasons why I require new clients to start off with a minimum of 4 sessions.
Most importantly, by breaking the work down into a few sessions, changes can be implemented step by step. This is mainly to prevent you from feeling overwhelmed. Remember, the goal is for you to make long term changes. This would be more difficult to achieve if we tried to change your entire routine overnight.
Working step by step also allows us to know what works, and what doesn’t. You’re more likely to stick to beneficial changes long term if you can directly see the improvement. That way, when you finish working with me, you’ll be able to stay on track.
If you’re not ready to commit to 4 sessions because you want to make sure we’re a good fit first, I encourage you to schedule a Discovery Session at no charge to you.
However, if you don’t want to commit to 4 sessions because you want immediate results, nutrition may not be the right next step for you. Nutrition has long lasting effects, but it can be a slow process. If you feel that this may be your current situation, please send me an email and I can connect you with the right practitioners for you.
What happens once the sessions in a package are completed?
Once you’ve been through 4 sessions, you’ll be equipped with the tools to take on your nutritional needs. Note that a few more complex cases may require 6 sessions.
All clients will continue to have access to the Food and Mood journals if they wish to continue tracking their progress. If you feel that you would benefit from accountability sessions to stay on track with your progress, you can book additional 30-Minute Follow-Up Sessions. These sessions will also allow us to come up with tweaks to optimise your nutrition as your routine changes.
If you have already worked with me in the past but wish to see me for a new health issue, you may simply book a 30-Minute Follow-Up Session, as I will already have your health history on file.
Holistic nutrition services offered
15-Minute Discovery Session – No charge
- Find out if holistic nutrition is the right next step for you
- Meet and greet to make sure we’re a good fit
4-Session Package – $345 +Tx
- 1 hour intake
- We discuss your health history, lifestyle, diet, and preferences
- Finish the appointment with a set of general recommendations to get you started while I prepare a plan tailored to your needs
- 3 follow-ups of 30 minutes with new recommendations tailored to your needs
- Includes relevant take-home handouts detailing why we’re implementing specific changes, and exactly how to proceed
- Making tweaks to previous recommendations to make sure you can better implement them
- Accountability to make sure you stay on track
- 3-day sample meal plan based on your dietary needs and preferences
- Includes recipes for breakfast, main meals, and snacks
- Provides an easy to customize template for other meal ideas
- Email support between appointments
- Access to the Food and Mood journals where you can track your progress, receive feedback, and we can identify patterns to better help you
- This is optional – if tracking feels like an obstacle for you, I will never require it of you
Additional 30-Minute Follow-up Sessions – $70 +Tx
- Make tweaks to your recommendations to fit your changing routine
- Accountability to make sure you stay on track
- Review progress based on your Food and Mood journals (optional)
For in person* appointments:
2122B Montreal Rd
Ottawa ON K1J 6M7
*Note that due to Covid-19, services are currently only offered by phone or TeleHealth to reduce transmission risks.
For online appointments:
Contact me and we’ll set it up!